Saturday, September 4, 2021

SATURDAY

Typical spring weather - sunny one minute and a heavy shower the next,  still a bit on the cold side.  We were in Level 4 Lockdown for about 15 days (I think as I lost track of time).  Yesterday, we went to Level 3 and did not think it would make any difference to us  as we are not interested in rushing out for takeaways.

We were surprised to get a call yesterday to say that the new cooktop and oven we had ordered prior to Lockdown could now be installed and it was arranged that the installation will take place on Monday.  When Doug bought this property he had the kitchen fitted out by Mitre 10 who supplied the oven and cooktop.  I find the elements take a long time heating and equally long in cooling so am going back to a ceramic cooktop which is what I had in Kamo.  Also in Kamo I had a new oven, a Bosch, so am getting that brand for both oven and cooktop.  This is the current set up.  I would have preferred the oven higher as it was in my previous kitchen but that is not practical here so the oven will still be underbench.



We have been quite happy Locked down with our daily morning walks, lots of crosswords, sukoku, code cracker  and reading plus  two trips to the supermarket 9 days apart .  I did think of going again this morning for some cooktop protector but there were long queues and I have managed to order some from the shop where we bought the new items so it will arrive with them.  So roll on Monday.

5 comments:

  1. We are reworking the kitchen in Brighton at the moment, but I shall stick with Gas hob and Electric oven.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gas job would be complicated here so will stick with electric.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope all goes well with the Monday installation. Sounds like your lockdown was akin to a holiday - it is nice to slow down and not get so caught up in the daily rush of life (I admit to getting to like some aspects of lockdown!)

    ReplyDelete