Wednesday, May 3, 2023

WEATHER AND FOUNTAIN

The weekend was a bit of a write off.  We did go to the Market and Supermarket on Saturday morning and only had a shower but it rained later on and on Sunday we had an atmospheric river the rain  was heavy with strong winds that actually blew down two ladders that were leaning against a shed.  I had not heard of atmospheric rivers before this year but we seem to be getting more and more of them.  I did not poke my nose outside the door at all on Sunday.  Luckily, it was a lot better on Monday for the Parkinson Walk and we had a pleasant walk around The Loop with only a couple of small showers.

Yesterday, Doug skipped Art Class to install the new pump and we are very pleased with it.  The water in the pond went very green and we are hoping it will improve with aeration.

It is hosing down now with rain forecast for the next 7 days.  I received some seedlings I ordered yesterday and just had time to heel them in.  Hopefully they will be good.





12 comments:

  1. We had a solar powered fountain in our pond. The fountain worked well, but my pond didn't. It leaked, so I made it into a flower bed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pity about your pond. We think (hope) our liner is strong enough.

      Delete
  2. Rain rain and more rain. You must be so happy to have a dry day, and your plants too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. Yes, but that is definitely NOT a problem this year.

      Delete
  4. I, too, had not heard of atmospheric rivers until this year. We've had more than our fair share of them already, to be sure.

    Here's to your pond flourishing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pond doing well so far and I like my galvanised watering can fountain.

      Delete
  5. I've been thinking of you and all that heavy rain and strong wind, and hoping you are both okay. If your temperatures are still as warm as ours here, your seedlings will be loving it! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think we have had as much as areas further north although we have had a lot of rain and some wind (Lawn quite boggy). The seedlings are still heeled in but look happy and, yes, it is quite warm. Still more rain forecast.

      Delete
  6. Like you we are dodging heavy downpours. Not so good for you but I'm sure the seedlings will be happy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We are starting to get webbed feet here. While it has been fine this morning it is set to rain again this afternoon .

      Delete