Friday, September 13, 2019

NEW SOUTH WALES WARATAHS, EYES AND A BIRTHDAY



The Waratahs are looking good.  I had my second eye operation yesterday and a check up today.  All was good and I have a final check up in a week. It all seems to have gone very quickly and well.

It has still been a busy week.  Wednesday (9/11) was Doug's birthday.  He wanted a roasted Scotch Fillet and vegetables from the butcher so that is what was ordered.  We thought his youngest daughter was coming to lunch but there was a misunderstanding and she came on Tuesday as Wednesday is a busy day for her Rural Delivery (postal service).  In the end his eldest daughter came to lunch on the day.  She is vegetarian so I cooked some fish for her and she was able to have the roast vegies and greens.  Doug's phone decided to die so we then went and bought him a new one and when we got home two of his local grandchildren called in to wish him Happy Birthday.

It was good having the roast as there were plenty of leftovers for the following days.

12 comments:

  1. You make it sound a piece of cake. Glad it all went well.
    The flowers are a beautiful welcome home greeting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It all went so smoothly. As you say, a piece of cake.

      Delete
  2. Waratahs, such a glorious colour.Happy Birthday Doug, you will be good now with a new phone, and Susan, so glad both eyes are now 100%.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I always like Waratahs, happy flowers. Thank you for Doug's birthday wishes and it will be good when eyes settle down - they are a lot better already.

      Delete
  3. We gave up eating red meat a couple of years ago, so I would have opted for the fish too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We still eat red meat although not a lot of it. I suppose I should have said that Doug's daughter is a Pescatarian not vegetarian.

      Delete
  4. Glad all is going well with your eyes. The Waratahs are astoundingly beautiful. It sounds like Doug had a lovely birthday meal.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have never seen a Waratah, but they do look rather lovely.
    Great news about your eyes - I know that at first you were rather anxious about it all, so it is really good to have it all done and dusted.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The New South Wales Waratah is the State's Floral Emblem.

      I have always hated people doing things with my eyes but everything was done so well I was completely relaxed and it only took 10 minutes for the actual operation. I then had a cup of tea and gluten free ham, tomato, cheese and lettuce sandwich with a cup of tea while the surgeon came and had a chat before I went home.

      Delete