Sunday, September 1, 2019

SPRING

Today is the first day of spring and it really has been a spring-like day.  We have not really had a winter as such in fact I bought a winter coat but have not worn it.  The Monarch butterflies have been emerging all winter.

We have had some wet days but more drizzle than rain.  Lately, it has been cold in the morning but good days if one could keep out of the cold wind.  In spite of this the spring flowers seem to be early this year.

I just went around the garden and took a few photos.

I leave these cyclamen in a shady place and bring them out when they start to flower



There are several cinerarias


The blueberry we were given last year is coming into bud



The poinsettia has been in flower for a while now.



I think this rose is on a bush that has not been cut back yet.


These New South Wales Waratahs will be a show before too long.




There are a few daffodils


including this lovely clump of miniature daffs which have been flowering for a while.


Some stock and geraniums



A yellow Red Hot Poker or is it a Yellow Hot Poker.



some more cinerarias

 and my hanging pansies.




We are still picking the various broccoli  that we planted and there are lots of chard, spinach, beetroot and leeks.  Will have to start clearing some beds shortly for summer veges.

14 comments:

  1. And here in the northern hemisphere we are just at the end of summer. The kids will be back to school on Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I prefer autumn and spring to summer and winter.

      Delete
  2. A lush garden you have there, Susan. The yellow Red Hot Poker might, indeed, need a name change!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Superb flowers! Bright, vivid colors!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those small daffs, I have some similar ones, and have always thought they were the " Hoop Petticoat" variety?? Next year I will have them all together in a bronze pot. Two tulips, to quote a friend , are " Pregnant", that is, a tiny bud on a 6 inch stem. I am so excited as I thought with the move and transplanting, they wouldn't do well at all. Your lush flowers show the difference between our temperatures, even though we have had warm days too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your Daffs made me instantly smile. It'll be quite a while before we see them again here.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely to see your spring flowers. I've just been putting in some winter-flowering pansies and went out yesterday to buy some miniature daffodil bulbs. I hope they do as well as your daffs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The clump of miniature daffs seems to have doubled in size this year. Pansies always make a good show.

      Delete
  7. You have lots of Spring colour there, on my daily walks I've been admiring other peoples gardens especially the daffodils and jonquils.

    ReplyDelete