Friday, December 22, 2023

FRIDAY 22ND

 Up at 6.30 a.m. and dug potatoes. Some for neighbours. I like to get outdoor jobs done before the sun gets too strong.




Some nice colours on the waterlilies.


The tomatoes still have a long way to go as they were late going in due to the weather.  These are some unknown ones from a neighbour


The Riesentraube tomatoes have lots of flowers on again.  We enjoyed them last year.


I made a gluten free vanilla cake to make a trifle with.  The recipe says to use a round tin but lining a rectangular one is so much easier.  We may well eat the smaller one with cream and fruit.



6 comments:

  1. I really miss growing my own Toms. But I'm very lucky that my friend and neighbour, José, allows me to take as many as I like of his.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're very lucky, home grown without the work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like the water Lillie's. Something different. They look lovely on the water

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The pond has made a big difference to the garden.

      Delete