Saturday, December 30, 2023

FRIDAY 29TH

 I started by doing some early gardening.  I had one lavender to plant so did some weeding, cutting back and planted the lavender.  Rain forecast so it should be fine.  

I then made a chocolate cake and caught up on various things on the computer.  We cooked lunch between us.  I cooked new potatoes, carrots and fresh picked beans and Doug cooked a little fillet steak in the Breville sandwich press. We don't eat a lot of meat and this suits us as it cooks a small piece of steak quickly.

I have made a trifle and a couple of chocolate cakes.  

We have a heavy rain watch until 5 a.m. tomorrow but only a light shower so far.  The humidity is high and temp of 28 C forecast for tomorrow.  I had planned a quiet day.  It will still be quiet but 3 of my stepchildren will be here (all except the one in Australia).  Lunch will be the roughly same as today.  My stepson wanted to take us out for a meal but neither of us fancy going out.  Apart from the heat it is a busy, holiday time of year.

6 comments:

  1. We, too, are experiencing heavy rain. There have been coastal advisories broadcast reminding folk to stay away from the massive tides as well.
    I do so love the smell of lavender. Happy planting. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The weather is deteriorating worldwide. We have 8 - 10 lavender plants now.

      Delete
  2. We had heavy rain overnight but nothing today. The humidity remains however, and I just wilt as the temperature climbs. Have a happy family day tomorrow :)

    ReplyDelete