Friday, March 6, 2020

TRIVIA

Yesterday, while I was working in the kitchen (cooking lunch or peaches I can't remember which) Doug came and asked me to go through to the back porch.  This is what he wanted to show me:





He had just emptied the stick vacuum cleaner we purchased recently.  It was only 4 days since he had vacuumed the house and in that time he had vacuumed the worst of Sophie's hair up with the hand held vacuum.  It is surprising she isn't bald as she also gets a daily grooming.  Seriously though, we are amazed at how much this new vacuum picks up.  He empties it each time he uses it.

Today, for a change from cooking and vacuuming it was the Operatunity Concert.  This time it was a tribute to Glenn Miller and the Big Band Era with songs such as Sentimental Journey, Chattanooga Choo Choo, Girl from Kalamazoo, Big Spender  and Accentuate the Positive.  Only three singers and a band of 5.  We thoroughly enjoyed it.

9 comments:

  1. We have one vacuum cleaner that is used almost exclusively for the sitting room carpet, and we get much the same result. It's amazing how much hair our animals lose.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, she loses vast amounts on the daily brushing as well.

      Delete
  2. My son wants to introduce a dog into our household. I've told him we will need a new vacuum cleaner as the one we have will never collect hair like this.
    Your concert songs sound great. Glad you enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, definitely need a good vacuum cleaner with a dog. The concert was great. They always make you feel good.

      Delete
  3. I wish my vacuum cleaner would suck up the dirt like that. You see all that hair and know your carpets are clean!
    Sounds like a lovely concert. My sort of happy songs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, they always seem to have nice happy songs. The "stick" vacuum cleaner is great.

      Delete
  4. oh you would like some of the records I have then...recently I was given a huge selection of one olds like the seekers, gene pitney, elton john etc, the other half and I have record nights where the tv goes off and we listen to the music. As for the stick vacuum I've seen those in use, they are really good, I often wish we had one.

    ReplyDelete