Friday, August 14, 2020

GETTING STOCKED UP

Today we went to Kamo to buy a few necessities.  First stop was the Vet to get some ear treatment for Sophie, then the bulk garden supply place for some wood chips that I use on the base of Kim's run and the Farm Supply shop for wheat for the birds.  Into Kamo itself for a couple of items including some broccoli plants and some dwarf bean seedlings - not on our list it seems a bit early but we thought we would give them a try, they look good seedlings.

On the way home we thought we may go to the supermarket but as there was a queue we passed on that and I have just done an internet order for delivery tomorrow.  I did, however, go to the butcher next door to the supermarket and bought some lamb chump chops.  

I got a load of washing done and dried which is good as it is now pouring with rain.  

MUCH LATER: The Prime Minister has just had a press conference and announced that we are staying at the same levels (3 for Auckland and 2 for the rest of the country) for the next 12 days.  It appears as though there is only the one cluster of Covid 19 in the country.  That is far better than having to go back to level 4 and 3 respectively.

Meanwhile, here in Whangarei, there was a sudden death this morning and, although the deceased was not a known Covid 19 case, precautions are being taken as the person had been suffering respiratory symptoms and had recently been in Auckland.  The ambulance was stood down and Search and Rescue, who are trained in body recovery, were brought in.  I hope it is a false alarm.

10 comments:

  1. I hope this is just a blip on New Zealand's journey back to Covid-free status.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are more cases today but it seems as though they are all in the same cluster which is good.

      Delete
  2. I hope it is a false alarm.
    On the others in Auckland, why do people have to be so selfish in their actions?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think a lot of people had become too complacent.

      Delete
  3. I know it is troubling, but with the great leadership you have, I have no doubt that it will be dealt with in the right way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am sure you are right. From what I have read about things over there yours is a scary situation not only with the Virus but also politics.

      Delete
  4. This is At Rivercrest Cottage in case my identification info doesn't show on my comment.

    Hoping you stay safe and this all ends soon. We are less restricted here in my area and able to move about. Thanks for dropping in at the blog today. Always love to hear from you. I'm having trouble with the new system at Blogspot and it's giving me problems. Hard to even post. I'm here often, but don't always comment due to my sign in problems...please know I am here visiting even if I can't leave a comment. Sugar.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good to hear from you. Good that you have less restrictions where you are. I hope things start to settle for you in your new normal. I know it will never be the same again.Take care. Hugs

      Delete
  5. Level 2 for now was a big relief, and to have anyone who is positive in a true quarantine facility is taking the safest way to contain this. I would not like to be in any of those positions now, what a hard decision or many more to make, they deserve huge recognition of their integrity.. Stay safe Susan, I am wearing a mask when I go anywhere now, and am making fabric ones for our families, so they can insert a bought one inside. I have some fancy bean seeds if you would like some, we called them " The Triffids" they grow tall, have stringless beans, the seeds are like beads on a necklace , pale fawn with darker flecks, and I do not know the name. I can post some up while our post-shop is still open on Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes, Jean, and they are now saying it may only be a week. I would hate to have to make the decisions. Everyone has done a wonderful job. I took masks yesterday, just light cotton ones (I keep them in the car) but in the end didn't wear them. Very few people in the shops I visited and I felt safe.

    I would love to try your beans. I assume you eat pod and all as you mention they are stringless. We bought a few seedlings of the Dalmation Beans and I have saved a few seeds. Let me know if you would like some. Do take care.

    ReplyDelete