Tuesday, December 29, 2020

SHOPPING

 I wanted to do a little shopping so first thing after breakfast we went into town.  Plenty of parking.  
To Farmers first where I bought a couple of pairs of jeans (not on shopping list) and some socks as the last lot I bought are perfect.  Also wanted to pick up a free cotton bag that was on offer.  Next to the Farmers' car park I noticed the lovely gardens


Then to Kathmandu where we had seen a bathroom bag on a good special so bought one of those each.  We then headed to Kamo where Doug bought a large bag of mixed grains for the birds.  We got home just as our hairdresser arrived - perfect timing.  

I noticed a box on our front porch.  Letters are not delivered until Thursday but, apparently, parcels are.  This was from my stepdaughter in Australia and was a wonderful assortment of goodies. We also had a message from Doug's eldest daughter that she would like to come for supper and would like some more flowers.

Hairdresser finished and just getting lunch when Doug took a phone call from a neighbour would we like to go to their place for afternoon tea.  I got the washing in and folded, picked the flowers, checked a few blogs and it was time to go out.  

We have had a pleasant couple of hours catching up on news and I have just picked a few vegies,  will get the watering done and D should be here.  I had planned to put my feet up and read this afternoon but it was very pleasant catching up on the gossip.

Can catch up on reading tomorrow.

6 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. The Council does a great job of the gardens here.

      Delete
  2. Would love to wander round the Farmers again. I agree, you really do have busy days!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was great as Farmers and the other shops were quite quiet (Not so good for the shops).

      Delete