Sunday, November 24, 2019

PROGRESS

We skipped the gym today so that Doug could get on with the new roof.  The sheets of ply are 1.2m x 2.4 m x 12mm and Doug has managed to put 6 of them up today (I think he would have carried on with the last two if I had not put my foot down.




It is hard work getting them up onto the roof.  While he was doing this I prepared our lunch, did the dishes and other jobs that needed doing.  I was allowed to help align a couple of the boards into the joiners.

We are waiting to see how dark it becomes and may have to put a skylight in.  Tomorrow morning is the Parkinson walk so we will see whether he is able to get some more done in the afternoon.

Already it is a lot cooler without the hot sun coming through the clearlite roofing.

5 comments:

  1. Looks like a lot of hard work, but so worth it. You'll love it in the summer

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think a skylight is called for...good work though....an a good workout!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the look of that ceiling.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think I would have gone to the Gym; that looks like hard work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was, they were very heavy. The last two were put up today.

      Delete