Monday, September 12, 2022

HUMMINGBIRD CAKE

After our walk on Friday I made another Hummingbird cake.  I felt that there was slightly too much mixture in the tin with my previous one so bought some small tins. I do like the larger tin which I have had for 30 - 40 years as it makes two good sized rectangular cakes.  The mix looks slightly unusual being gluten free.




The cakes look a bit dark but it must have been the light as they were not overcooked.


Delicious with some cream cheese icing.  The other two are in the deep freeze.


It still made quite deep cakes so next time I might use two of the small tins. 

10 comments:

  1. I like the name, I also like my cake to be a bit burned on the bottom. Lady M never lets them burn enough.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We had some for Doug's birthday yesterday and it was delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds a really lovely cake - could you perhaps show the receipe?

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an intriguing name for a cake. I know I would enjoy it simply because I LOVE cream cheese icing!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No wildlife was harmed in the making of this cake!!

      Delete
  5. I haven't heard of that cake but I know whenever I make a fruit cake for my dad I use the Edmonds recipe and usually it ends up being such alot of mixture I have to use 2 baking tins.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love this sold tin as it makes two nice rectangular cakes. I am sure I will use the new smaller tins as well.

      Delete