Wednesday, September 21, 2022

VEGETARIANS LOOK AWAY

 We still have a couple of pieces from the last whole fillet steak we purchased but when I saw it on special again on Saturday we bought another one. There were not many left and I chose the smallest.  I have just trimmed and cut it into portions using my new toy, a vacuum sealer, to get it ready for the freezer.  We ended up with 9 packets with a mixture of 2 and 3 servings plus another 4 packets of off cuts for stir fries and enough for lunch today.  The portions are not large as we are not big meat eaters. I know it will be delicious.




11 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. With a new machine it took a bit of working out but pleased with result.

      Delete
  2. After Monday's funeral we ate Rib Eye steaks with Kimbo. It was like cutting through butter with a hot knife. Totally delicious, but I imagine very expensive.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very nice. We had some a couple of days ago. (Scotch fillet). Did Kimbo cook yours?

      Delete
  3. This Vege thinks that you are being wise!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I imagine vacuum sealing the meat will stop any ice-burn on the meat, much better than a plastic bag!

    ReplyDelete