Friday, September 9, 2022

QUEEN ELIZABETH II

 Even though she had been looking frail it was still a shock to wake to the news of the Queen's death early this morning.  

We put the television on for the news and saw our Prime Minister, Jacinda Ardern talking.  She was asked about finding out about the Queen's death and said that she was woken in the early hours by a Policeman shining a torch in her bedroom.  

Everyone who spoke of having met the Queen mentioned how down to earth she was and her sense of humour.  She will be a great loss to the whole world.  She worked right to the end having only just received the outgoing and incoming Prime Ministers of Great Britain.

Every so often there is talk of New Zealand becoming a Republic and this conversation will, obviously, crop up again.  I do hope that the final decision is to keep the Monarchy.

So now Prince Charles is King Charles III - he has spent his whole life in preparation for this moment.  I still remember watching him on a balcony with his Aunt and Grandmother watching his mother being crowned and now it is his turn.


It is the end of an Era.  May she Rest in Peace.

8 comments:

  1. I will miss the Queen, she lived a life of service to her country, and she honored family, faith and country. What a noble spirit she had. RIP from an American friend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, she was a remarkable lady. I think Charles will make a good King.

      Delete
  2. We begin a whole new era. Charles will make a good King, then William will take over, which I doubt that I'll witness. A very sad day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She has been Queen for most of our lives and always a steadying influence. A huge loss.

      Delete
  3. It was a shock to hear the news this morning and it made me feel extremely sad. I have never known any other monarch and will miss her, but I am sure Charles will make a good king.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I agree that he will make an excellent King but it is the end of an era.

      Delete
  4. RIP Queenie. I"m sort of wishing that William could be King instead, he seems like a more down to earth person than the rest of them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know there was talk of skipping Charles but I think he will be a good king and, let's face it, he has been king-in-waiting for a very long time.

    ReplyDelete