Tuesday, September 6, 2022

TOTARA PARKLANDS WALK

 This is a walk we have done several times with the Parkinson's group.  It is close to home and, as I had to collect a repeat prescription from the Chemist in Kamo, we decided to do it on the way home.  It is a lovely sunny day but there is snow further down the island and in the South Island so the wind is quite cold but it was sheltered walking alongside the stream.  

We didn't look at our watches when we started our walk so are not sure how long we took but we were in no hurry and did the full distance of the walk - first to the end at Gillingham Road then as far as it goes in the other direction and back along the street.  






When we got to the Gillingham Road end I looked down and there was a patch of clover.  Both my late mother and I used to collect 4 leaf clovers as we always seemed to find them whenever we looked at a clover patch and the first leaf I looked at was a four leafed clover.  




I decided to put it in my old Pitmans shorthand book and what should I find but an old leaf from many years ago.


7 comments:

  1. Pitman's shorthand! I learnt that at school and used it at my first job, but have no memory of any of it now.
    Four leaf clovers have always eluded me - I have never been able to find one even though I used to search diligently. I think you have to be a very special sort of person to see them :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know why but I have always found them easily. I can't remember my shorthand either now.

      Delete
  2. Hopefully plenty more luck coming your way with another four leafed clover.
    I used to have my Grandfather's Pitman's Shorthand Dictionary which was leather bound, small, and with the shorthand finely printed on lovely paper. I don't know what happened to it, it is something that I mourn the loss of.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're a very lucky person! I look but never find.
    You had a nice walk again today. Thank goodness you got sunshine for it

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is one of our favourite local walks. I just looked down and there was the four leaf clover. I think I am lucky though - lucky to have met and married Doug.

      Delete
  4. Oh, how fun to find four-leaf clovers. I don't think I ever have...
    The photos from your walk show a clear, crisp-seeming day.

    ReplyDelete