Saturday, July 11, 2020

HEARING AIDS?

After my hearing test yesterday I was told I was borderline for needing hearing aids and, I must admit, the audiologist did not try any hard sell.

I have had tinnitus for some time and one of the pros of having hearing aids is that it reduces this annoying noise.  On the down side I am worried as I have very small ears both inside and out - not a lot of room for a hearing aid.  Also on the down side it is admitting to getting older and needing such a thing.  The audiologist did suggest that it is best not to leave it too long before getting aids but also said that I could leave it for a year and then get tested again.  

It is all so confusing.  He gave me a quote to think about.  My ears were quite sore after the test so I will leave it for a while and do just that.

A lovely sunny day today with the occasional short, sharp shower - just enough to be annoying for the washing.  Tonight it is forecast to get down to 5 degrees C. which I am sure will be the coldest this year.

We put the new (to us) water tank in place yesterday although it will have to be moved and a stand made for it.  Doug is currently working on a Rocking Horse that he made for his grandchildren - he is getting it ready for the next generation.  When that is done the tank is next on the list.

9 comments:

  1. I also have tinnitus and am sure the hearing capacity is getting on the lower end of the scale. but I,too, am reluctant to go any further into the hows and whys. Colder here, saw some pics of the desert road snow, Rotorua family are on the way to Wgn, looked like it was at road level.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope they get through o.k. It looked pretty bad.

      Delete
  2. Modern hearing aids are so small I doubt you would have a problem with them,

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have small ears and hearing aids. No problems and I can hear!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hopefully, when the time comes, you will find some hearing aids that are suitable for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I will wait a while and am sure they will be o.k. it will be good if they reduce the tinnitus.

      Delete
  5. I gave in and got hearing aids after I retired and I love them! Also, if you actually need hearing aids, there are health reasons to have them.

    ReplyDelete