Friday, July 24, 2020

WHERE DID THE DAY GO?

Now things are back to normal here we keep getting reminders for regular appointments.  Today, I visited the Hygienist.  Luckily, my teeth cleaning regime is working well so there was not much to do apart from a polish.  Precautions are taken, I had to rinse first with a Bettadine solution and the Hygienist was wearing a face shield.  It only took 20 minutes but, of course, there was the time getting to and fro.  While I was there, Doug popped across the road and bought  a new thermometer for outside and some more super glue from the $2.00 shop.

The town reservoir is slowly filling and we can now use about half the water that we would normally use so, when we got home, I put a load of washing on.  I had just done that when Doug's grand-daughter arrived.  She was lucky as she could easily have missed us. 

Anyway, she stayed for a cuppa and a chat for an hour or so and, as she was leaving, gave us the invitation to her postponed wedding.

We then had an easy lunch of cottage pie and cabbage, made from precooked and frozen mince and extra mashed potatoe and kumara from yesterday topped with grated cheese and paprika and browned under the grill - it was delicious.

We finished the crossword and it was time for our respective walks.  We don't seem to have done anything and now I am tired and going to put my feet up and read for an hour (Doug got there before me).  Oh well, I suppose that is what retirement is all about.

12 comments:

  1. You feel that you haven't done anything..unless you sit down and list what you have done!
    Interesting to see how your dentist deals with checkups. I think we can re-book ours now, that were cancelled in May

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Doug tried to get a dentist appointment the week before last as a filling came out. He couldn't get into ours for weeks but can see a new one next week. I had a cancellation appointment with the hygienist.

      Delete
  2. I should call my dentist and get an appointment too. A friend of mine went for his first post pandemic appointment, and he says he almost laughed at the way every one was decked out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Every day life here seems back to normal so I was surprised and pleased that they are being so careful. The receptionist was behind a very large perspex screen and there were no magazines to browse.

      Delete
  3. -was inspired by your post & booked a dental appt. for August. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Things must be getting back to normal there if the dentists are open.

      Delete
  4. I once took a tube of super glue from a card in the £1 shop in Brighton. When I went to pay, the woman said "No, it's the whole card for £1". I then had a supply of super glue for decades.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ours come in sheets as well but each tube is only used once.

      Delete
  5. our water restrictions finally finished last week mind you we've had so much rain I'm not surprised, also saw my hygienist last week too - usually I see her every 6 months.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad to hear your water supply is starting to return to normal. Good to hear your dentist has a protective system in place as we simply don't know when or where it could break out again (especially with silly people like here last night who escaped from quarantine).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You have to wonder about the mentality of some people. The trouble is that all they can think of is themselves.

      Delete