Thursday, July 30, 2020

PRE-OP APPOINTMENT

Doug had his pre-op appointment for his Hernia Operation this morning so we drove across town to the Hospital for the appointment which took an hour.  His had the usual tests and lots of questions and then had to walk up stairs.  I always walk up stairs when I get a chance so joined him and the nurse.  I think we went up 5 flights.  All was o.k. 

While we were near town we went to the Main Library.  There is a branch a 10 minute walk from home but the Main Library has a better selection.

It was lunchtime so we went to the Cafe de Paris where we had a pot of tea and shared a slice of gluten free cake while we waited for a big breakfast for Doug and Buckwheat Galette with mushrooms, blue cheese and potato for me.  I remembered to take photos this time.  It was all delicious.




We then went to a couple of shops before driving to the Supermarket then the doctor's for a blood test that was needed for Doug's Pre-op.

When I checked out my library books the machine told me there was a book on hold at our local library so we went there to pick it up and got home a little after 3 p.m.   

Hopefully, we have done everything and won't have to go out except for a walk for the next few days.

10 comments:

  1. I certainly does look a BIG BREAKFAST.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Doug ate all apart from the 2 slices of toast and the butter.

      Delete
  2. You had a busy day. Those breakfasts look mighty tasty.
    Well done on the 5 flights. You're both very fit

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When we go to the gym on Sunday I try to 8 or 9 flights.

      Delete
  3. Hope all goes well for Doug and he gets to have a successful operation very soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it will be a couple of months or so but at least he is in the system and, if it is really bad again and he ends up in A & E it could be earlier.

      Delete
  4. Doug's breakfast looks like a heart attack on a plate. His arteries must have been complaining.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree although it was his lunch not his breakfast. I gather that is how he used to eat - lots of meat and not a lot of veggies which is, presumably, why he needed the quadruple by-pass. Nowadays one piece of steak between us with plenty of veggies is the norm or completely veggie.

      Delete
    2. Bacon and sausage, having already had bypass surgery? Hmmm.

      Delete