Sunday, July 26, 2020

SUNDAY

After breakfast, we went to the small local market mainly in the hope of getting some leeks but arrived just as the last two had been sold.  We then had a small supermarket shop mainly for cat food - Kim seems a lot better but is still very fussy so I needed to get the current preferred brand for her and I was able to get a couple of nice leeks.  I generally prefer to get them at the market as they are smaller.  I find the ones in the supermarkets are left to get too big.

We then went  to the gym, the first time since  Lockdown.  It was good to get back into the routine and we must try and keep it up.  Apart from anything else, it is good to catch up with the other gym goers. 

After the recent storm we read about a house that is uninhabitable because the foundations have been undermined, it is just the other side of the main road from us.  I have not been into this reasonably new subdivision before so that was my walk after lunch.  It was just a short walk but quite pleasant.

It has been a cloudy day but mainly fine and the load of washing I did is nearly dry (yes, we are now able to do washing as the treated water reservoir is nearly full).  This is the view towards Kamo, where I used to live.



I was amazed at the size of this retaining wall for a private section.  It is also unusual to see water tanks in the town - useful in the drought and restrictions following the floods.



5 comments:

  1. Leeks are so versatile. They can go into almost any dish and give more taste and substance. No leeks around here anymore. Too hot

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just love leeks -don't know if it is my Welsh heritage. They can be used in so many dishes.

      Delete
  2. Some of the supermarket leeks are huge - and tough. Much nicer to have younger ones.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Apart from home grown I usually get them at the Grower's Market but we haven't been there since Lockdown. They have nice young ones.

      Delete
  3. One of my winter pleasures is Leek and Potato soup. Lovely.

    ReplyDelete