Monday, July 27, 2020

TODAY'S PARKINSON WALK

Today, we walked the section of the shared pathway which goes into town.  There were 9 walkers and, as everyone was a good walker, we managed a bit extra and went across Rust Avenue to Cafler Park before returning the way we came.  It was a bit cool but a nice sunny day and, as usual, we finished with a cuppa and chat at a nearby cafe.

Doug is currently at the dentist as he had a filling come out a couple of weeks ago.  

A mural we passed as we neared town.  I see the iconic kiwi buzzy bee (Prince William was given one when he visited as a baby).  Also in the top photo our Bascule bridge.



and in the bottom one our pedestrian bridge and canopy.



The magnolia are in flower.



While we were walking I received a message from Doug's youngest daughter who has the Rural Mail Delivery Run and while she was putting some mail into a letterbox she had a visitor get into her van.





10 comments:

  1. I expect he was looking to see if there was any mail for him.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope somebody got a video of her getting the goat out of the car.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I doubt it. Out in country and not a lot of people around.

      Delete
  3. I was diagnosed with Parkinson's disease nearly 4 years ago, at age 51. I had a stooped posture, tremors, muscle stiffness, sleeplessness, and slow movement. I was placed on Sinemet for 7 months and then Sifrol and rotigotine were introduced which replaced the Sinemet but I had to stop due to side effects. I tried every shots available but nothing working. I read a lot of website where people who shared their testimonies kept mentioning Herbal medicine. I searched for a blog on herbal medicine for parkinson's. I just followed the website of Doctor that was shared on these testimonies. Since i started with the PD herbal treatment, i'm happy to report feeling better overall, the tremors seized, more energy and better coping with everyday life. My walk became steady and I stopped shaking. My energy improved. I am 90%better. I am confident I will be cured for more info contact dr.lewisamenico@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will pass that on. I don't have P.D. I know some in the group use natural remedies.

      Delete