Saturday, April 11, 2020

DAY 17 LOCKDOWN

A quiet day today.  Didn't meet many people on our morning walk and those that we did meet automatically veer away from you.  It is as though one has very bad B.O.

The death toll for New Zealand doubled from 2 to 4.  People still try to go to their holiday homes and get turned back by Police.  

Doug has remade his archery target and we put hoops in the raised beds and covered the brassicas in netting to stop the white cabbage butterfly.

While Doug practised his archery I just did my 100 skips.  I am hoping that one good thing to come out of the Lockdown will be an improvement in my bone density.



We have also been enjoying the chocolate cake I made yesterday.

6 comments:

  1. We had a visitor from across the city turn up unexpectedly today with Easter eggs - there were a few heated words, the eggs got left on the step and later washed down, and the visitors left. Why can't people simply stay at home? It is not that hard, surely, and this sort of behaviour makes me quite angry.
    I've been swatting the white butterflies hanging around - a good way to get rid of anger??? Chocolate cake sounds good :)
    Stay safe, Mxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As I said yesterday - what part of "stay home" don't people understand. Yes, swatting butterflies is a good way of letting off steam. I used to have a butterfly net for that purpose. Stay safe.

      Delete
  2. Archery, exercise and your garden, in your garden in fact. A great way to pass the time.
    Around here everyone is staying home but neighbours are scarce and everyone has a huge piece of land, chooks and goats to keep them busy. I wonder what it is like down on the harbour

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think there are enough jobs in the garden (the typical 1/4 acre) to keep us going for several months lockdown.

      Delete
  3. Chocolate cake is very good for the bones so I have heard. (Well, that's more sensible than some of the advice you can find online!).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well you could be right, John, as I am gluten intolerant the cake is made from almond flour and almonds are high in calcium

      Delete