Friday, April 3, 2020

DAY 9 LOCKDOWN - MEAT

We do not eat a lot of meat but it is nice to have some.  I ordered

2 -x bacon hocks,
1kg mince,
1kg blade steak for a casserole,
a 2kg piece of sirloin ( would have got Scotch Fillet but it was sold out)
1 kg bacon

Just as promised the order arrived this morning - all vacuum packed




Most of it was put in the spare fridge in the meantime and the sirloin was cut up giving us 12 slices.  One slice is plenty for the two of us so 11 slices were wrapped and frozen



The remaining piece was cut in half and was delicious for our lunch.  Apart from that it has been a fairly lazy day apart from walking Sophie.It is a lovely sunny day 26 degrees, quite hot for this time of year.

8 comments:

  1. Luckily we still have a reasonable amount of meat in the freezer, and in tins (Duck confit). I may go shopping on Monday when I would certainly buy some sausages and chicken. My list of things to buy gets bigger by the day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have been surprised at the amount we have needed to buy as I thought we were pretty well supplied.

      Delete
  2. Like you I eat very little meat, usually only when I go out for a meal and the menu is a bit limited. Getting hold of fresh vegetables might be more of a problem here as a lot is imported from Spain which has even greater problems than us.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am really missing the Grower's Market as we don't have a lot in the garden at present. Luckily I have lots of sweetcorn, tomatoes and capsicum in the freezer.

      Delete
  3. That looks like a lot of meat! Perhaps it will last for a long time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it will last a long time. We have just packed up the bacon and put the mince on to cook with loads of vegetables.

      Delete
  4. I was at NW this morning, they had alot of meat on special, we don't eat much of it but I bought a few bits and pieces.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's interesting, we never heard back from them when we tried to register so are sticking to Countdown's deliveries. We usually shop NW. Hope you get a job sorted.

      Delete