Tuesday, April 28, 2020

DAY 34 LOCKDOWN. - LEVEL 3

We have gone back down to level 3 but are still virtually in Lockdown.  A lot of businesses are now able to open if they can do it without public contact and safely.  The first thing I heard on the radio this morning was that there were long queues at McDonalds.  There must be something wrong with me as that is the last thing I would want especially first thing in the morning.  I had been hoping that with takeaways being closed people would get used to cooking and enjoy it.  

We will still be staying put as everyone is asked to stay home where they can.  Doug had to get some repeat medicine for Sophie and went for a drive to the next suburb he said there was a lot of traffic on the road.  

I thought I was adding to my supermarket order for Thursday but, when I had finished, I was asked to find a time slot and realised what I have done is make a new order.  I will have redo it all again  but did not have the energy at the time - I had thought I was doing so well.  Bother.....

This morning it was misty with a very slight drizzle to start but soon cleared up and has been another sunny day.  The weather forecast shows a possible shower on Saturday so I had better water (with the watering can) tomorrow.  

15 comments:

  1. I bet they've all been waiting with their tongues hanging out for a greasy burger. Some things will never change. Fast food is here to stay.

    ReplyDelete
  2. New Zealand seems to be the poster child for the world in dealing with Coronavirus.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We are very lucky with our Prime Minister and Director General of Health, Dr. Ashley Bloomfield. Hopefully, people will not go mad now that we have slightly less restrictions as we don't want to have to go back to level 4.

      Delete
  3. You live in the right place with the right leader. I wish I could say the same.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We are so blessed to have young neighbors that insist on doing all of our shopping. They have told us that the lines are horrible and far too many people ignoring social distancing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I am just pleased we can get the deliveries. Family would do it but they are working.

      Delete
  5. The New World Order Saga!!! I did the order so early, thought I had it all done for yesterday. didn't get the usual email, found I had missed the last part to checkout etc., so started a new one for today, same thing, I think I had too many interruptions, so ignored everyone's last minute requests, and found luckily, there were several slots left for tomorrow. This has been the most stressful part for me, the computer savvy one in our home to do it all this way. Truly, I long for a gentle stroll down the aisles, choosing what I want/need/ or anything else. But again, I am so thankful, like you, for online shopping, a time slot, and I see that with Countdown you cannot go back and edit the order or add to it. A very cool morning down here, 8C in the porch, heat pump going, and a little secret sewing today for a friend who could not have her 80th birthday party in April. Hope you both are well, and in level 3, not much difference for us either, the nearest beach is too far away. Maybe just a local drive would be an exciting event nowadays.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought I had lost the order I did yesterday but found it as a list so the job was not too hard this morning. Yes, I did my first couple of shops with Countdown as I could not register with NW as overloaded. Prefer the fact that one can add to orders with NW. Our delivery is between 6 p.m. and 8 p.m. tomorrow. When I read your comment just before 7 a.m. it was 10 degrees. Doesn't feel much warmer now and was cold on our walk and putting out the washing. At least sun is now shining. We may do a slightly longer walk later in the week. Take care and stay safe.

      Delete
  6. Our shelter-in-place order was extended through May. I don't know when non-essential businesses will be able to open back up.

    Bummer about the grocery order!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Luckily, this morning, when I went to re-do it I found the order I did as a list so it was quite easy to add to the original order. Glad I left it overnight as I had spent too long looking at a screen.

      Delete
  7. My 2 went back to work at McDees last night, they said it was utter chaos, lines down the round and around the corner.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are photos in the paper today of the queues at Whangarei.

      Delete
  8. In Germany they relaxed the rules. The number of virus cases immediately went up, so they returned to a stricter lockdown. Don't be too eager to rush out; it could prove dangerous.

    ReplyDelete