Sunday, April 26, 2020

DAY 32 LOCKDOWN

I have mentioned previously that I find it more difficult to remember what day of the week it is without the usual prompts such as the gym or walking group.  Yesterday (Saturday) afternoon I went to put some rubbish in the wheelie bin and it wasn't there.  I assumed Doug had taken it to where he was working to make it easier to put rubbish in so when he turned up I asked him where it was.  He looked at me as though I was asking a silly question and said he had put it out on the kerb.  On seeing the look on my face he said it's Monday so needs to go out.  When I went to retrieve it I found he had also put out the recyclable bins as well.  Glad I am not the only one.

First thing this morning the phone rang and it was a cousin from the Welsh Border.  His sister (my oldest cousin who has just turned 96) has been in a Rest Home for some time and I knew she had deteriorated and been moved to another Rest Home and was not well with shortness of breath.  He was phoning to tell me she has been diagnosed with Covid 19 and was taken to Shrewsbury Hospital but, as she kept removing the tubes, she had been moved from ICU to a Palliative Ward.  It does seem as though she is holding her own though.  They are finding it very difficult not being able to visit her.

Apart from that it has been a lovely sunny day in which we both got some gardening done.

12 comments:

  1. What a shame about your eldest cousin. I can only imagine the difficulty in not being able to visit a loved one in hospital right now.

    Our bins go out on Monday as well. One week we simply forgot to put them out as it seemed as if it were still Sunday. I feel your confusion!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, apart from not seeing the person it is difficult to know exactly how bad they are. Every day is the same.

      Delete
  2. The non-visiting rules there and here are so hard, I feel for every family who cannot be in the hospital and see how the person is. Every day, they blend into a big blur here. no more of TGIF for the workers too as they carry on at home.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it must be really tough not having contact. I hope everything goes well on Tuesday.

      Delete
  3. Oh dear, being both 96 and catching COVID-19 is not a good combination. Is this Stella? Do send my best wishes when you next speak.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As you say not a good combination. Yes it is Stella there aren't any others. I have passed on your good wishes.

      Delete
  4. Days are all the same now. You're not the only one who gets them mixed up.
    Do hope your cousin is comfortable.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don"t know whether going to level 3 on Tuesday will make things any easier. Yes I hope she is comfortable. She is very strong.

      Delete
  5. Sometimes I have to hear the clank of the garbage trucks going up and down the street to remind me that it's trash collection day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ours can come any time after 6 a.m. and, when we hear them it is too late.

      Delete
  6. oh no your cousin, I hope she's going to be ok. The recycling hasnt' been collected here and in the Kaipara since lockdown, it's just going in with the rest of the rubbish.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We are lucky as they are still collecting it here.

      Delete