Friday, April 24, 2020

DAY 30 LOCKDOWN

I had planned a quiet day doing some baking today but we had a heavy shower at about 6 p.m. yesterday and the gutter was blocked.  This meant that today Doug was up the ladder to clear the gutter on that side of the house.  Needless to say I was holding the ladder and passing whatever was needed.  Anyway, now it can rain with no problems (unless the gutters on the other side of the house get blocked.  Of course all these jobs take a lot longer than one expects.  

While we were doing this I noticed that the pipe that runs under the garden to let heavy rain get away had also blocked so I had to prune some bushes and clear it out.  It was mainly full of snails but is now clear.  

By the time these jobs had been done it was time to get lunch.  Today is Doug's grand-daughter's birthday, a friend's birthday and friends' wedding anniversary so time to make some phone calls.

Keep safe

12 comments:

  1. Well done you 2, did you get much rain over the last few days? We had 2 days of bucketing rain, it was great.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We had one day of steady not heavy, rain and a day of showers. I had heard that there was more further north.

      Delete
  2. At least we have the time to attend to all these jobs now. Clearing gutters is a job I no longer attempt myself.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We have always done it and seeing that everything is closed except for emergencies in Alert Level 4 there was not much option.

      Delete
  3. I still clean my own gutters (eaves troughs we call them here), but I think that I am getting to the stage where I should stop doing that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Before Max and I moved down here in 2008 I used to get up on the roof and clean our gutters but then I was only 65.

      Delete
  4. A celebratory day!
    Congrats on getting the gutters clear.. not the best of jobs!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The person standing on the ground gets quite messy...

      Delete
  5. Thanks for the reminder, I need to clean mine.

    ReplyDelete
  6. My brother is a window and gutter cleaner. I wonder if his is considered an esssential business? Anyway, glad you and Doug were able to sort the blockage out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If we get to the stage we need to get them cleaned I don't know who we would get - plumber perhaps. There are no specific gutter cleaners.

      Delete