Thursday, April 16, 2020

DAY 22 LOCKDOWN - DON'T WORRY BE HAPPY

There was a new sign on our walk this morning.



Just after breakfast a polystyrene box was delivered.  We were pleased with the delivery as it had only been dispatched at 4.30 p.m. yesterday (presumably from Auckland)


It was supposed to be 2kgs of Gurnard but only contained 1 kg.  I phoned them up and was told there was a shortage and we should receive the other kilogram tomorrow.  We enjoyed some for our lunch and the rest was frozen in packs for two people.


15 comments:

  1. What service! I really must buy more fish.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice, hope they get the rest to you soon. We buy an Alaskan salmon share every year, a share is 25 fillets. A local family have turned their love of fishing into a profitable business.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now Alaskan salmon would be good although I do like our Gurnard.

      Delete
  3. I don't think I've ever tasted Gurnard, though I know there's a village and a bay of that name on the Isle Of Wight.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That Is terrific service. We have to wait two weeks for delivery and when we get it, half of the order is not available. We don’t get charged, and we have learned to live with less. I am grateful for what I have.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is about ten days since I ordered it but I knew it would be. It was through a company on Facebook and I just took the risk. I was worried about how long it would take in transit but everything was fine and it was really fresh.

      Delete
  5. Now that's fish that I would really enjoy. No head, no tail, scaled, gutted and filleted. Looks wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I don't mind doing the filleting, if necessary, but don't like eating "off the bone".

      Delete
  6. yum! thats great you could order that online, overnight delivery is a safe option too. I can't wait to be able to get out in our boat again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I have not heard about that in the suggestions for level 3.

      Delete