Friday, April 17, 2020

DAY 23 LOCKDOWN

New cases  8 and number of  deaths  2 bringing the total deaths to 11.  Yesterday, our Prime Minister gave details of what  is likely to happen if we go down to Level 3.  On Monday the Cabinet will meet (virtually) to discuss the situation and a decision will be made as to whether we stay at Level 4 next Wednesday or come down to Level 3. 

I hope they don't go too soon with this but so far I think the decisions made have been good.

On the home front not much to report apart from a nice heavy shower although it only lasted a couple of minutes.  I finally got around to doing some baking - Anzac biscuits for Doug (not gluten free) and a Gluten Free Chocolate cake.  The sun is now shining again.

12 comments:

  1. I got the girls to bring me some coconut so I can make anzac biscuits too. Another commemoration day which will go without much pageant this year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was thinking of you when I typed that. Yes a virtual service this year.

      Delete
  2. Lets hope these scientists and politicians know what they're doing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fingers crossed. We have to rely on them getting it right.

      Delete
  3. Your country is doing it right; it is chaos in the USA. Money trumps life here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I must say from what we see on the News things look very scary over there. Keep safe,

      Delete
  4. Glad to read that the no. of deaths isn't climbing in your neck of the woods.

    Be well. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think we got in early enough. Fingers crossed.

      Delete
  5. We had some rain this morning in the early hours, I'm loving the cooler temps too

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, we must have had a shower overnight but the rain forecast for today has not materialised - just the odd shower.

      Delete
  6. I just keep thinking this is all a bad dream and I will snap out of it soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If only it was. Things look so much worse over there than they are here. Keep safe.

      Delete