Wednesday, April 29, 2020

DAY 35 LOCKDOWN - VEGETABLES

A while ago someone asked to see our vegetable garden.  In spite of the drought things are doing well. There is some perpetual spinach



some carrots

 the cabbage are doing well



and the broccoli and cauliflower



when I planted the beetroot they didn't look the best but they are doing well



only a few sugar snap peas

The forecast rain seems to get further away each day so a little watering with the watering can is in order.  Meanwhile I am still picking a handful of beans a day although I don't know how much longer they will keep providing.

6 comments:

  1. Just starting all the summer stuff here. All doing well so far, I do hope my Tomatoes will perform better this year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ours weren't quite as good this year although I still have a lot in the deep freeze for winter. I have been making tomato/capsicum sauce with them as well as using them in casseroles.

      Delete
  2. The garden looks good. There is nothing quite like fresh veggies.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It will be a while before they are ready to eat but with the drought they are doing well.

      Delete
  3. Hope you get more rain soon. The continuing warm temperatures are certainly making everything grow well :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just checked the on-line weather forecast and it still says rain for Sunday. Let's hope it is a good amount of gentle rain but, failing that, even a shower would be good.

      Delete