Thursday, April 23, 2020

DAY 29 LOCKDOWN

Another day in Lockdown.  The second kilo of gurnard arrived.  They had only sent 1 kg instead of two so it was good to receive the second lot.  It was sent late yesterday afternoon and received at about 10 a.m. today and promptly repacked and frozen.

As it was fine we both went out in the garden - Doug did some more clearing of the flower garden.  I gather some flower seedlings should be available shortly.  Meanwhile, I carried on clearing up at the back of the sheds.  There were two large plastic drums filled with pine cones that Doug bought from Girl Guides or Boy Scouts not long after he moved here (11 years ago)  they had been covered with an old door and plastic and then, over the years, old plant pots had been piled on top.  The other day I sorted and stored the plant pots so today I lifted the door off and transferred the cones from one of the containers into a couple of rubbish bins.  The rest will have to wait until these have been burnt (used as firelighters).  I then did some more clearing.  There is still plenty to do but it does look a lot better.  (not sure what I did to change the print).

We kept going until just after 1 p.m. when it started to drizzle and then had lunch of gurnard.




The "before" is the top one!

The poor water lilies have been waiting for a pond for 11 years so, hopefully, they will get one soon.  The "fence" at the end was just made with bamboo so that  will have to be replaced.  I am pleased with the job so far.  The containers were all piled at the end and now we can see them to sort out what stays and what goes.  

6 comments:

  1. You're never without something to do if you have a garden! I rather wish I had more than a few tubs and planters to look after, but when I bought this house I also had my mother's garden to care for, which was more than enough gardening for me at the time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is so true - there are always jobs waiting to be done.

      Delete
  2. It is always satisfying to survey the results after a little tidying up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pine cones make the best fire lighters out - we used to always try and have some on hand just for that purpose.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, they are great aren't they. Doug must have put these away and then piled pots on top of them. Good for now though.

      Delete