Sunday, April 12, 2020

DAY 18 LOCKDOWN

Today is Sunday, Easter Sunday.  When one is retired it can be hard to remember what day it is but now it is even worse.  There are usually things that remind one of the day - for us the gym on Sunday, Parkinson walk on Monday etc. but now there is nothing - every day is just like the previous one.  

We are lucky as we do not have to think of things to fill in our days.  There are lots of jobs waiting to be done and today, as rain showers are forecast Doug has been up on the roof of the deck area and finally got the flashing up alongside the house.

I am sure most people have areas where items are just dumped.  When I moved here three years ago Doug had an area at the bottom of the garden where empty flowerpots were stored and he also made shelves in a covered area nearby where my fertilisers were stored.  My late husband, Max, had made up lots of fertiliser mixes for various plants and the jars I still had were placed here and that is where they stayed.  Today I have been sorting through the last of them, spreading them then stacking the flower pots in the shelves and generally tidying up the area.  Underneath the pots there are some large bins covered with timber and plastic and Doug tells me that pine cones are stored in them so that will be one of the next jobs to uncover them, they will be good for firelighters but Doug is worried about bugs being in them.

Just as I finished sorting the pots we had a shower of rain but, unfortunately, it did not last very long maybe ten to fifteen minutes, still light rain is forecast from tomorrow through to Thursday so I have my fingers crossed.  The trouble is that the forecast keeps moving forward, still we must get rain sometime.

8 comments:

  1. It's very dry here. Rain had been forecast for today, but they changed their minds. Now nothing for over another 10 days. I'll have to get the hose back in use.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just went outside to do my 100 skips - managed 50 and it started to rain so I stopped. Rain only lasted a couple of minutes so just did the second 50.

      Delete
  2. We are having a dry spell after so much rain! I have been watering the plants in pots this morning..in the hope that the forecast shower would come to something...it didn't.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was just talking to a cousin on the North Welsh border and he said that everything had dried out there. We had a shower last night but sunny again today.

      Delete
  3. We had a good dose of rain last night, I need to buy some herbs and houseplants to repot but it'll have to wait until I start working.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We had some as well but lovely sunny day today. Need lots more to break the drought.

      Delete