Tuesday, April 14, 2020

DAY 20 LOCKDOWN

Nearly three weeks in Lockdown now and the weather has turned.  It is much colder 15 degrees and down to 12 tonight and we have had rain showers which are much appreciated.  I have just lit the fire for the first time.

Supermarket delivery arrived promptly and the man delivering it told us (from an appropriate distance) that he is actually a contractor who does the deliveries and not an employee of the supermarket.  Very pleasant chap who also employs others to do deliveries.

I was going to start planting out some of the vegies I grew from seed but the wind was too cold.  Hopefully it will be a bit warmer tomorrow and I can get the job done.  Four more deaths in New Zealand today bringing the total to 9.  The number of new cases is dropping though.

So we have had a lazy day. The local paper now has more crosswords and sudoko so we have been occupied doing them.  What a life......

Take care and stay safe.

8 comments:

  1. No local paper here, and luckily I had saved ( YES, I do tend to hoard a lot of things apart from fabric ) so I have plenty of puzzles, word finder and cryptic ones to fill the spare time. Cold here too, but seeds planted a few days ago are already popping up. You did get a lot of seedlings, they are such good value.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, we have saved puzzles as well. It will be colder down there and I was just watching the news and snow in the south. No wonder it seems cold here. Stay safe.

      Delete
  2. I can't decide whether it's better to have lock-down as you're entering winter or, as we have it, entering summer. Our national papers post a lot of Sudoku, crosswords and other puzzles online; enough to occupy me anyway.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think summer might be better as one is likely to get outside less in winter. Both have their pros and cons.

      Delete
  3. We also lit the fire tonight for the first time! The old cat is sprawled in front of it, loving the warmth. The other two cats are a bit suspicious of it and give it sideways looks.
    Stay happy :) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My old cat has spent the evening in front of our fire as well. Keep safe.

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Well showers at least but not enough unfortunately.

      Delete