Thursday, April 2, 2020

DAY 8 LOCKDOWN

Another perfect autumn day here - it will mean watering again tonight unless we happen to get a heat shower this afternoon.  

I heard of a company doing online fish orders so have put an order in for a couple of kilos of our favourite, gurnard.  I also had confirmation that our meat order is ready so, hopefully that will be delivered tomorrow.

On the supermarket front I managed to find a delivery slot but our needs had changed since we made the original list  and when I got around to sorting it I was told we had lost the slot as it had timed out.  I had not realised I had to put the order in straight away.  I spoke to a neighbour (on the phone) and she had also managed to get a slot so, hopefully, I will be able to get one tomorrow - delivery won't be for a week. 

We had a different walk today as I had a birthday card to post for a friend in Australia so we walked down to the nearest mail box.  

Missed out again on  vegetable seedlings so will try again on Sunday when they have the next lot.  I have sowed 6 seeds of each of pak choi, Swiss chard and spinach.

The little shopping centre just down the road - usually busy 



the same with the round-a-bout - usually lots of cars

then walking back home along an empty street.

10 comments:

  1. Empty streets here too, I have almost forgotten what our main street looks like. Vege seedlings, they would be like pots of gold right now, but we have seeds that might germinate if we put them in the warmest place.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. In the vegie garden we have cleared ready for new plants we have beans coming up. It did seem odd venturing along to the shopping centre.

      Delete
  2. Empty streets must look so strange. Our local street is very quiet, with few vehicles during the day.
    I hope you manage to get your seedlings alright. I see NIWA think your drought is going to go for a while longer yet, unfortunately. Take care, Mxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not at all good about the drought. Luckily we are still able to use the hose on the garden. Will keep trying for the seedlings.

      Delete
  3. Everybody that has used a grocery delivery service seems to have horror stories of one kind or another, so I plan to continue on doing my own until they tell me I can't do that any more.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That does not sound good. My thinking is that if Covid was transferred from staff it would be on food that is on the shelves. We can only do as we are told and hope for the best.

      Delete
  4. I can just imagine you walking down that road, shopping in those shops. Scenes so familiar yet so strange.
    Thanis

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's very weird to see streets and roads deserted like that but I suppose we'll get used to it. I wonder what the wildlife makes of this new tranquility.

    ReplyDelete