Monday, April 27, 2020

DAY 33 LOCKDOWN - R.I.P STELLA

When I woke this morning there was a message to tell me that Stella had died (overnight our time) .  She died peacefully but had none of the family with her.  Apparently, someone could have been - they were told she had deteriorated and when they phoned back to arrange a visit she had already died.  So not a good start to the day.  I phoned my cousin (her brother) straight away and we had a long chat about various family members. We then changed our routine and had breakfast before going on our walk later than usual I then set about finding some photos of our grandparents.  Could not remember where they were but eventually found them.

There were 11 cousins - 3 girls and 8 boys - we are now down to 6 with only me left on the female side.  At the start of Covid 19 I never expected a member of my family to be killed by it.

R.I.P Stella 05/03/1924 - 26/04/2020

Tomorrow we move back to Level 3 of Lockdown - many businesses will be able to open if they can do so safely with no contact.  We missed today's briefing so will find out more in the news tonight but it won't make much difference to us.

16 comments:

  1. Stella ,what a grand age, and for the family over there, they will feel so sad they were not there. I guess all the PPE would have to be worn if they visited. Guess tomorrow will not be much different, apart from the garden centres able to do contactless sales!! That will be so good. I long for a cafe coffee!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I gather someone could have gone in at the end wearing full PPE but from when they were told that she had deteriorated there was not time.

      Delete
  2. Sorry to hear about your cousin. I see she was born two weeks earlier than my father - he passed away 16 years ago.
    My understanding is that we still have to stay home for the next two weeks if we possibly can, unless you are going to work. But maybe that is just the oldies. I will have to watch the News tonight as well. Mxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it is really everyone unless they are working ( or presumably picking up a takeaway). We will be staying put.

      Delete
  3. Condolences.
    Glad that she had a good long life.
    We have just lost the oldest of the Rixon family, but she just wore out, she wasn't sick.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Condolences to you as well. Yes, she did pretty well.

      Delete
  4. I am sorry to learn about your cousin - the enormity of this virus must really bring it so much closer to home when you loose a member of your own family.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Rosemary, yes, I never expected that to happen. I gather Shropshire does not have a high number of cases but somehow it got into her Rest Home.

      Delete
  5. Stella lived to a great age. I hope she had a life filled with happiness and few regrets.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think she did. Whenever I spoke to her she always told me what wonderful brothers she had. They always looked after her. I am not sure how long ago her husband died - a while ago now. Time has blurred as I get older.

      Delete
  6. My condolence to your family. Your cousin lived a long life but so sorry she succumbed to this most awful disease.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it has made it worse, particularly the fact that no-one was able to visit her.

      Delete
  7. So sorry your cousin had to die of covid. She had a very long life. May you live long like her, in good health

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A long healthy life would be good but not with ill health (either mental or physical). Stella was on my mother's side of the family but on my father's side the women have had long lives. My father's last cousin died a few years ago just past her 100th birthday and she was sharp to the end.

      Delete
  8. So sorry for your loss and being Covid makes it worse. God bless Stella.

    ReplyDelete