Wednesday, April 1, 2020

DAY 7 LOCKDOWN - TEDDY BEARS

Yes, we have been in Lockdown for a week now.  Yesterday I heard about the Bear Hunt.  People put Teddy Bears (or other toys) in their windows for children to find. 

I promptly got out Teddy and Golly.  There is a story to both.  I went to the same school for 13 years and boarded in the last year as my parents moved away.  I discovered that most girls had a Teddy Bear and commented on this to my mother and the fact that I had never had one, so my 21st Birthday present was Teddy, he has been with me for quite a while now.

Golly was a different story.  Not long after Doug and I met we went on an Arts Trail and I spotted Golly and commented on that fact that I hadn't seen one for so long (remembering the ones that came with Robertson's marmalade).  The outcome was that Doug bought Golly for me.  He is knitted. 




Today's walk was a lot slower as we went Teddy Bear hunting. As I commented to another older couple doing the same thing it is great for children from 3 to 93 (or even older).

So here are some of the bears and toys we came across:


















22 comments:

  1. The story of how and at what age you received Teddy made me smile. One is never to old to enjoy a plush toy!

    It's really wonderful to note how many households participated in the Bear Hunt. -lovely selection of snaps.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This was just on our short walk around our local streets and there were more that didn't photograph well.

      Delete
  2. Enjoy your very own Teddy. Love the pair on a swing, and a great message to go with them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are great aren't they. Are there teddies on your walk?

      Delete
  3. Nice idea. My Golly is knitted too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Golly's though I see some people absolutely do not. I've been going to knit myself one for ages.
    They are just another cute doll.
    Those bears in the window are delightful

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There was a great selection. The other couple walking when we did were about the same age. You get families later on.

      Delete
  5. If there has been a positive effect from this period of isolation, it has driven many to come up with creative ways to pass the time, and this seems like an excellent example.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, we have seen more families out for a walk which is good.

      Delete
  6. Is the Bearhunt just near you or NZ?.We have a couple of venerable bears....

    ReplyDelete
  7. People are coming up with all kinds of ideas to convey positivity to others.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, a crisis can bring out the best in people.

      Delete
  8. Putting teddy bears in window is a lovely idea. The power of a teddy bear is amazing. All ages can relate. I have mine that my mom knitted. It gives me comfort.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, the other couple we met on our bear hunt were our ages and thoroughly enjoying themselves.

      Delete
  9. How lovely to ready about your bear and your teddy and also to see the pictures of bears you found on the Teddy Bear hunt. Take care, and stay safe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are some lovely bears and other toys out there. You take care and stay safe as well.

      Delete
  10. Our neighborhood is participating in the Teddy bear hunt as well. Fun to see the families and other folks out looking regardless of the weather

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's great. At least weatherwise you are heading to warmer, mind you it is yet another perfect autumn day here.

      Delete
  11. I know it was being done in Mangawhai but not sure if it's being done here, but I have my 45 year old bear on the other half's windowsill in his computer room just in case.

    ReplyDelete