Monday, May 18, 2020

I VENTURED OUT

Today was the first day since Lockdown started that I have been out apart from our short walk around the streets in the morning and the one trip to get our flu vaccinations.

Parkinson's New Zealand has stated that there are to be no support group meetings until further notice and they will review in August which seems a long way away.

The locals who walk wanted to start walking again so we met (unofficially) near the Bascule bridge and some went over the bridge and walked right around the Loop walk and others went the other way and did a shorter return walk.  There is a coffee cart at the carpark so most got a coffee and cake to go and we sat outside while they had their drinks. 

I then received an email to say that I had a Library book to collect.  The Library opened today only for returns and collection of pre-ordered books.  As I had not expected to be going there I did not have my books for returning but it was very efficient, sanitise hands, follow arrows, give name and collect book/s - even though the email said there was just one book there were actually 2 books to collect and, when I got home, I got another email to say there is now a third book awaiting collection.

We then went to pick up some repeat medication for Sophie the Labrador and, on the way, went and got a couple of punnets of pansies.

There was a lot of traffic on the roads and a lot of people on the Loop walk as well.  No photos as I remembered too late, must have been too busy talking (or listening).

We have just had a phone call to say that a vynil curtain Doug ordered for the back porch is ready so we will collect it tomorrow and go to the Library once again.

I have just completed my supermarket order for Wednesday morning and, as we had some left over roast vegetables we had them with some bacon and eggs and a mix of baked beans and sweetcorn for lunch. 

Leftover mussel fritters this evening - not a bad life.

12 comments:

  1. Well done to brave the " madding crowds" , I will say going out the first time was quite scary. But most places are being very vigilant, and to have new books, what a delight.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I was out of my comfort zone but, I must say, everything was done very safely.

      Delete
  2. Sounds as though you are slowly getting back into life.
    Nice you can get library books now

    ReplyDelete
  3. Back into life.. carefully xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, back in to town again today but, hopefully, home for a while now.

      Delete
  4. It almost sounds like Life As Normal! Glad you felt safe :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't help thinking that all this new-found liberty will lead to a much earlier second wave than we'd previously expected. We'll have to wait and see. I hope it doesn't.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mussel fritters?! Yes, please!

    I'm glad that getting out for a walk was successful. Our libraries are still shut. Coffee carts would make a killing here, but, for some reason, they don't seem to be cropping up. Maybe it's challenging to obtain a license for such things.

    ReplyDelete