Tuesday, May 26, 2020

Rain forecast

Rain was forecast for today so, last night, I made a list of all the jobs I hoped to get done.  Phoning people, catching up with emails, some baking etc.  My lists always seem to be longer than the day.  However, the day dawned bright and clear so after our walk I did a few loads of washing including Sophie's bedding, Doug did some housework and I made some pikelets.  I was just about to start on my list when something made me check the front step and I discovered our seedling order had been delivered.

There were four bundles of pansy and viola seedlings, one of primula, one of stock and one of snapdragons as a substitute for cineraria.  There was also a bundle of leeks, one of spring onions and one of mixed lettuce.

As the forecast is still for rain or showers for the rest of the week we both got down to planting.  The primula, stock, snapdragons and one bundle of pansies are now in the front garden.  The leeks and spring onions are in the vegie beds while most of the lettuce are in pots with the leftovers in the garden.  The balance of pansies and viola are in large pots - so let it rain. 

We finally stopped for lunch (our main meal) just before 3 p.m. and had scrambled eggs.  Luckily there is still some soup left for our supper. 

I have caught up with one phone call, an e-card for a cousin's birthday, an on-line order for another birthday and am now exhausted.  Must be getting OLDer.

9 comments:

  1. That was excellent timing with your seedlings - very lucky :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. For you the rains came at the right time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, they are desperately needed. Just enjoyed looking at your photography tips.

      Delete
  3. I hope the rain comes in exactly the right amount for your plants.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. At the moment is just perfect. Another ten days rain forecast.

      Delete
  4. That was a busy day! Now you can justifiably have an easy one!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You have been busy with your garden as well. Busy indoor day here today.

      Delete
  5. Finn's birthday today. I could hardly believe it, but today on the radio they were saying that Blighty might soon have a hosepipe ban. It's been raining there for months; one has to wonder what they do with it all.

    ReplyDelete