Friday, May 29, 2020

RAIN AGAIN

Once again we awoke to rain, quite steady and at times heavy.  This went on all morning so no walk and I think we spent longer over breakfast doing the crossword etc.  I did very little - checked some blogs then made some pikelets - so made a cup of tea to have with them.  As we were having this the rain stopped and the sun came out so we went for  our walk and then decided to go to the Library.  This was the first time we have been into the Library and chosen books since Lockdown started.  There were books everywhere.  Only the main library is open so that is where everyone is returning their books - the shelves are full and there are books on the floor under the shelves.  There were very few people  and on entry one gave ones details and used the hand sanitiser then could go and choose what books one wanted.

When we came out the rain had started again but it has just been showers.  So why am I so tired.  I have done very little.  I tend to leave indoor jobs for rainy days but then find I don't really have the energy or inclination to do them.  

As far as Covid 19 is concerned for the seventh day in a row, there are no new cases and only one case remains active.  From today groups of up to 100 are allowed.  I just hope that we don't get a second wave.

12 comments:

  1. I have just checked, and we may have some rain in a week's time. It is hot and dry here, and Haddock's will soon need a sprinkler. If it ain't one thing, it's another!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're free at long last!! I'm sure NZ will be fine. Jacinda will be telling you very soon the crisis is over.
    Great that you're having rain too

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, a good rain yesterday. I hope things will be fine - we keep hearing about "second waves".

      Delete
  3. Good news on the Covid 19 front that is for sure, I do hope all will be well.

    Good that you have finally had some rain, but as always it will probably end up too much now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It would take a lot to be too much although I may change my mind tomorrow as there is a lot more forecast. Still the dam needs it.

      Delete
  4. I think the world is watching New Zealand to see how easing up on the restrictions goes.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I sent you all our rain LOL! We had cloud cover until about 4pm and then just light rain. It has been rather cold though and we have lit the fire again tonight.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the rain, much appreciated. Heavy fog last night.

      Delete
  6. You might feel that you are losing energy because it is heading towards winter? Shorter days, less daylight and cooler...

    ReplyDelete