Thursday, May 14, 2020

LOCKDOWN ENDED - MONARCH BUTTERFLIES.

We have gone back down to Level 2 today - shops, cafes and restaurants are open but not bars.  Only waiter service with tables 2 metres apart and one must sign in.  I haven't absorbed all the things we can do or restrictions as we have no plans to do anything different at present.

We also have The Budget today, in fact it is being read right now.  We decided to wait until the evening news where the highlights will be given and repeated and repeated.

We are still getting Monarch caterpillars and Doug released 4 butterflies today.

This piece of Swan plant had 2 caterpillars on it.



I do not know the name of this plant - it just appeared but the butterflies like it.  If you know what it is I would like to know.
 




13 comments:

  1. It looks like an Oleander, but maybe not!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We always prefer to listen to the highlights on the news too. You get just the essentials and they make it clear.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I don't know how long the reading took. I have a feeling there will be nothing relevant to us anyway

      Delete
  3. Raising Monarchs indoors has become a pastime for many in recent years, and I am all in favour of it. It enabled us to really inform the children next door about natural history. They became very enthusiastic about it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When I was still caring for my late husband at home (with dementia) I brought the chrysalises indoors so that he could watch the butterflies emerging.

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Glad I could help. It reminds me of my Mother. Shed had a large bush growing in the garden.

      Delete
  5. How wonderful that you are at Level 2. We are at Level 4, but some areas in our state are becoming Level 3. Our numbers continue to rise but at a slower pace.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Do keep safe. You have had it so much worse than us. After three days of no new cases in the country, there was one new case today - it was part of a known cluster. I just hope things stay this way and people don't go mad and undo all the hard work.

      Delete
  6. Glad to hear that you're down to level two. They've lifted a few restrictions here but I fear they may be rather premature in doing so.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope they are not premature here but things seem to be going well. Fingers crossed.

      Delete