Thursday, September 17, 2020

A LOVELY SPRING DAY

The Forecast was for 20 degrees and I think that was about right.  The thermometer in the back porch shows 24 degrees.  Doug has been busy clearing out the built up vegetable beds and I have been sowing seeds - carrot and several that we bought as being good for butterflies.  I noticed that the cuttings we got recently from the Monarch Butterfly Society look as though they are doing well so fingers crossed.

Everything is very dry so hopefully we will get some of the rain that is forecast for tomorrow morning.

On my walk I noticed this wisteria in flower.  We don't have one here although I had a lovely one when I lived in Kamo.





14 comments:

  1. Good to see the spring sunshine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it is. It makes you want to get out in the garden.

      Delete
  2. Wisteria can be so invasive but it looks gorgeous and smells so heavenly that it has to be forgiven for wanting to travel everywhere :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. In Kamo it grew over a pagoda and, although I had to cut it back well it wasn't too bad.

      Delete
  3. I am curious as to the species you received from your Monarch Butterfly Society.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. David, I mentioned the names of the cuttings we got on September 3 https://kamolady.blogspot.com/2020/09/monarch-butterflies-and-other-things.html

      I will look for the names of the different plants I got seeds for.

      Delete
  4. Spring is the most hopeful season. Good luck with all your seeds.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, typical spring it is colder today and raining but, unfortunately, not enough to do much good.

      Delete
  5. I've only seen a few monarchs here and there around Keri but hopefully once it gets warmer we will see a few more.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wisteria are lovely. We have them growing here as well, fortunately.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Our rain is supposed to arrive on Sunday, then continue for a week. I hope it's the right sort of rain, and not just that annoying stuff.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We got very little rain (just when I was having my walk) and none in the forecast for 5 days.

      Delete