Tuesday, September 29, 2020

TUESDAY

 It is a cool, windy day, today, with the occasional shower. I feel sorry for people and animals in the South Island where there are lots of road closures due to the snow and ice.    to say it is not very good for new lambs would be an understatement. 

Doug and I have not done an awful lot as we are both tired and put it down to the clocks changing for Daylight Savings at the weekend.  I always seem to struggle for a week after the change.

I am in the Podiatrist waiting room and have been chatting to a lady who recommended Stephen Leacock books. I see there are several available through the local library in various forms of e-book. 

Back home and I have just collected Golriz Ghahraman's book, Know your Place, from the local library.  I put it on hold a few weeks ago. Golriz, a refugee from Iran is the first  refugee to be sworn in as a Member of the New Zealand Parliament.  It should be interesting reading.  It is now time for a much needed cup of tea.

6 comments:

  1. Huge snow down south. 12 inches and an overnight blizzard!!! Lovely to get a library book you will enjoy. We have had hail, thunder, torrential rain and wind all day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just seen the news and it doesn't look good down south. 12 inches is a lot of snow. You have had it bad. Just the odd shower here but we can feel the ice in the wind. Hope I enjoy the book it should be interesting.

      Delete
  2. Pirate has just been chatting to our friend in Tai Tapu south of Christchurch. No actual snow there, but as you say, heavy on the mountains not too far from them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It looked really nasty on our news. Apart from the poor lambs there were lines of trucks caught in it.

      Delete
  3. No, certainly not the kind of weather you want for lambing. I know the name Stephen Leacock but have never read anything by him.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There will be lamb loss.

      I had not heard of Stephen Leacock. Coincidentally, I see we shared the same birthday. He died 3 months after I was born at 74

      Delete