Wednesday, September 9, 2020

A WALK AND A PICNIC

 Friday is Doug's birthday and I was going to suggest going for a picnic but the forecast is for rain so I suggested it for today.  This is why I made the little meat loaves yesterday as I thought they would be good cold for the picnic.

We didn't go far, just 11 kms from home to the Taheke Water Falls.  There is a short walk to the Falls and then a longer 3 kms Loop Walk through the bush.  Today I have photos of the walk to the Falls.  Unfortunately, there is no path where you can get a really good view of the Falls







This is the glimpse you get of the Falls

and this is the view down the valley from the Falls


I love the bark on this young kauri tree.

Below is a photo I found on line of the falls.

Taheke Waterfall

Tomorrow, I will try and post photos from the Loop Walk through the bush.

8 comments:

  1. Looks like a pretty waterfall, even if it likes to hide!

    ReplyDelete
  2. There is nothing quite like an outdoor picnic to make food taste good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As Doug said "He was glad HE had such a good idea" so he must have enjoyed it.

      Delete
  3. A wonderful place for a picnic. Happy birthday to Doug on Friday

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was, we must go back more often - it is a couple of years at least since we went there even though it is so close.

      Delete