Tuesday, September 1, 2020

FIRST DAY OF SPRING

A lovely sunny day and I got three loads of washing done and dried (two loads were Sophie's towels and bedding).  

I also cooked another Lamb Tagine and put three meals for 2 in the freezer and phoned two friends who have birthdays, had my walk and did a little weeding.  A good day.

Although it is a lovely day here, the South Island has snow and strong winds - pleased I live up here.  

While I was chatting and cooking Doug moved the fence and gate that give Kim and Sophie separate parts of the garden.  Kim can get through to Sophie's part but it keeps Sophie out of Kim's part.  The new tank was too close to the old fence so it had to be moved.  

Ran out of energy to cook the soup from the bacon stock so that will have to wait for tomorrow.

Showers forecast for this afternoon although it is nearly 3.30 and no sign yet.  Rain forecast for tonight.  It will be good to get some rain in the new tank.

My new seeds from Kings Seeds arrived - mainly plants for the Monarch butterflies and some purple sprouting broccoli and carrots.

10 comments:

  1. My new seeds from Sue at Kamo Lady arrived too. Thanks so much. I have left the parcel to sit for three days, after spraying with meths, never sure what postal centre it might have travelled through. and yours were posted this morning.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, you make my head spin. I spent the entire day trimming ground cover in the front of the house. It has always been a three hour task, today it took me six hours.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome to Spring! At least the South Island snow has helped to dampen down the MacKenzie Country wildfire.
    Our weather went cloudy again at lunchtime - I'll send it on up your way LOL :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's good about dampening the fires. We listen to National news st 7 a.m. then watch News at 7 p.m. so don't get a lot in between.

      Still no rain here yet.

      Delete
  4. From the northern hemisphere it's interesting to read about your heading into spring, and looking forward to planting. Here it's about indoor houseplants!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I always enjoy reading of your spring as we head to autumn.

      Delete
  5. I haven't welcomed Autumn yet, but maybe it arrives later than your Spring.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Spring seems early this year although looking back I think it may be imagination or the fact that we don't really seem to have had a winter apart from a couple of really good storms.

      Delete