Friday, September 25, 2020

FRIDAY

A beautiful sunny day and I started it with my early morning walk - well 7 a.m. anyway.  Doug had an appointment with a skin therapist as he had a mole he wanted checked and he has to go back in a couple of weeks to get it removed and a couple more sent for a biopsy.

Late yesterday we got the good news of a date for his Hernia Operation and it is not too far away - 6th October.  So it will be good to get that over with.

As Doug's appointment was at 12.30 we had a quick lunch (what I call homemade takeaways) when we got home.  Oven baked chips and kumara fritters with frozen battered fish for Doug and gluten free crumbed free range chicken breasts for me with peas and sweetcorn.  Delicious and, in my opinion much nicer than actual takeaways.

The cuttings for the butterflies seem to be coming away and the first of the seedlings from my Kings Seeds are showing - Ursinia - not one for butterflies but it looked good in the photo so I hope it does well here.



14 comments:

  1. So good that Doug wont have to wait so long for surgery, get it done! Is the Ursinia a mound sort of growth? Love the color.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know the ursinia Doc, just saw that photo in the seed catalogue and decided to try it.

      Delete
  2. Your Homemade Takeaways sound much much better than Bought Takeaways :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. It suits me. Quick and easy as we did not get home till 1.30.

      Delete
  4. Kumara fritters. They sound delicious, as does the rest of your lunch

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The fritters were delicious. They were actually bought frozen ones but pretty good. We also had homemade kumara chips.

      Delete
  5. I hate going to Dermatologists because they always find something on my very pale Irish skin. It is better to find out early though and have it taken care of quickly.

    I hope your flowers turn out just like the picture.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will have to go sometime. I had my skin checked at the end of last year and was given a cream for my hands but told not to use it till April/May with all sorts of notes about seeing your GP if this or that happened. Of course, we were in Lockdown and it was hard to see a GP so I didn't use it and now it is spring and I still have not used it.

      Delete
  6. Home made is always so tasty, mole checks are so important, we both get them done regularly, and the flowers, a new one to me, must check out their catalogue.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not genuine homemade as it was mainly bought frozen.

      Delete
  7. Good to get all the checks and work done before summer

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I must do the same when Doug has finished with his "bits and pieces".

      Delete