Monday, September 14, 2020

MONDAY

Monday is Parkinson Walk and today we walked alongside the railway but started in town.  It was a pleasant walk - just an hour.  I was so busy checking on everyone I forgot to take photos.

The reason we started in town was that instead of the usual visit to a cafe afterwards we were going to the home of one of the ladies who walks for a "Tulip Tea" fundraiser.  

She had been busy baking.This was just what was on the table when we arrived.  There was then a mug of soup each plus cheese rolls and plates of sausage rolls and other savouries.



We had a very pleasant time and then headed to do a supermarket shop before coming home for lunch.

8 comments:

  1. Good kiwi hospitality. She looks like a marvelous baker. All seems very civilised to me. Most enjoyable

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am told it was all delicious. Unfortunately, being gluten intolerant I wasn't able to eat much of it. There were 16 of us and lots of leftovers.

      Delete
  2. A good sausage roll is gourmet food I think!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I gather these were pretty good. They disappeared along with the Southland cheese rolls.

      Delete
  3. What a beautiful spread she had for you all. So sorry that you could not eat much of it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Our youngest son is gluten free and finds it very difficult at social gatherings.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I find it more difficult at private houses as people have unusual ideas as to what gluten is. Commercially, people are pretty good but it pays to err on the side of caution. Luckily I am only gluten intolerant not coeliac.

      Delete